"No chaos, no creation. Evidence: the kitchen at mealtime." - Mason Cooley
I spend a lot of time in my kitchen. A LOT. Since we try to eat Paleo (if you're not into proper nouns, that's code for whole, clean, high-protein, high-fat, no-sugar, no-grain food), which takes a lot of planning and preparing, we cook at home most of the time. Which means at any point in time, there are lots of pots and pans and utensils and weird and delicious ingredients spread about in a seemingly chaotic but surprisingly organized and savory mess.
And not only do I cook a lot here, I work here. Despite our newly-renovated office space in the house where my actual desk resides, I'd rather sit out in the open at our table with all the natural light my kitchen nook brings, and in the case of today, allowing me to stare happily out my windows at the rain falling on our freshly-mowed grass. Ahhh Spring.
The kitchen is my domain. And since I spend so much of my time in this beloved room, I thought it would be fun to give you a glimpse of my workspace(s) and share some favorite features with you today.
(clockwise from top left)
1. Little weeds, I mean flowers, freshly picked from our lawn.
2. Every home needs one intense chandelier.
3. I eat almond butter by the tablespoon. Today, I ate 3.
4. Yes, I have a coffee bean burlap bag hanging on my wall.
5. Need I say more? (note the hand made mug by my brother... prodigy.)
6. Recovered kitchen chairs with new paint and 50% off fabric. Holla!
(clockwise from pic on right)
1. Gallery wall with random found objects hanging in frames
2. Cabinets got a major facelift from ugly wood to glorious white upon move-in.
3. Workspace. The hubs made this kitchen table during our 1st year of marriage.
4. New monogrammed kitchen towels from West Elm given by my sister.
Where do you spend most of YOUR time, and what special things showcase your style and personality? Share!!